Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

weekend reflection - Martha Mary Chapel

A last minute link up with Weekend Reflections.  This week James posted a very interesting reflection of a fabulous building in Florence Italy reflected in the window of an ambulance.  It is really interesting to look at all of the reflections posted here.  It helps you to look at things in a new way, and you find yourself often on the loookout for reflections.

I took this photo yesterday afternoon.  We went to Longfellow's Wayside Inn because there is an old grist mill there with a waterfall, and I wanted to experiment with changing shutter speeds.  I took a lot of photos of the waterfall and inside of the grist mill and look forward to posting these photos as well. I love visiting there because it is so typically "New England". 
I was peeking in the window of the "Mary Had A Little Lamb" schoolhouse when I took this photo.  If you look carefully you can see the little desks with chalkboards sitting on them.  That's me on the left, with the Martha Mary Chapel reflected in the window.  The white line on the right is part of the window pane.  A scene from the movie 'Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" was filmed here.  Scenes from an older movie "House Sitter" were also filmed at The Wayside Inn.




Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love reflections....they always say more than first glance reveals, and sometimes the layers contort to show something that wasn't there at all. This one has a lot of pieces-love that.

    ReplyDelete