Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

fog

Quite by accident I discover how satisfying it can be to take photographs in the fog.

Visits to Cape Cod usually include lots of sunshine, blazing hot sand, and dips in the icy cold Atlantic ocean. 


This past weekend was overcast, but my husband and I both agreed that it couldn’t have turned out better.


We spent so much time visiting sites we never would have taken the time to explore if it was beach weather. 


One of our stops was at the Highland lighthouse in Truro, Mass.  Granted, the fog certainly prohibited a spectacular viewing from the deck of the lighthouse, but it was beautiful just the same.


  And now I look forward to another opportunity to take photographs on a foggy day.


3 comments:

  1. Nice shots of the fog! The lighthouse pics are great- and I love the simplicity and composition of the fence shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like being in fog, but it does provide opportunity for great photos-everything we normally shoot in sunshine takes on a different feel.
    I like the most your 2nd and last shots, but the 3rd shot offers such a unique composition. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete