Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The fortune in my cookie…..

Last night my husband and I had dinner at a Schezuan restaurant.
  The fortune in my cookie said - - - “Never judge a work of art by its defects.”
I made a comment about my fortune, put in in my pocket and took it home.  The fortune is now sitting on my lap top and I am glancing at it as I write.
The first thing I do when I look at something I’ve created, painted or photographed is to look for the defects.  - -  - Yet when I look at someone else’s art, the first thing I do is appreciate it and admire the creativity involved.    If only we could view ourselves as gently as we do others.

1 comment:

  1. Great fortune to get....and isn't that true? An ugly trait of human nature, but perhaps one that can be reversed with awareness. I think I shall write the quote/fortune and put it near my creative spaces as well. Love your swans by the way.

    ReplyDelete