Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Waiting to Click

Kat Sloma from  The Kat Eye View of the World features a series called” Exploring with a Camera.”
I was immediately drawn to her description of why she chose the name for her series, “Exploring with a Camera” rather than using the words “challenge” or “assignment.”  Her series is intended to inspire, to see the world in a different way and make it a fun experience.
The first series I took part in was called waiting to click. Waiting for all of the elements to be in place, to capture the photo you had in mind.   On a chilly April morning, we attended a reenactment of the Battle on the Old North Bridge in Concord, commemorating the opening battle of the American Revolutionary War.
We had a lot of rain in New England this spring, and the banks of the river were overflowing. There was a large overflow of water in the field right next to the path where the “Colonists” would be marching.  I waited for the right moment, when the colonists marching by would be reflected in the water – and the colors of the red, blue and yellow jackets would add more interest to the photo.

I can’t tell you how excited I was to have Kat include my photo on her blog.  It really gave me a great boost of confidence and validation to continue with my playful explorations.  And I have been loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment